Would you like for your business to get instant credibility? Would you like to expand your customer base? Getting instant credibility and more customers are two keys to running a successful business these days. Read this article to know 5 things to remember when choosing the right web hosting for new site?
It is vital for you to get an online website for your small business. It is one of the easiest ways of increasing the value of your business. If you want to have a website on the Internet, it is mandatory for you to know importance of web hosting. The server will host your site and make it possible for people to find your website online. Maximum exposure can increase your company’s chances of selling more services or products to a global audience.
Finding the ideal hosting for your site may seem like a daunting task, but a solid guide to find out how to choose a web hosting service.
Why Do I Need Web Hosting?
Web hosting is vital because it makes it possible for your prospects to find you on the Internet. It can be compared to a phone service where your telephone number is the domain name. People cannot reach you by telephone if you do not have phone service. The same can be said for web hosting.
Web hosting is vital because it gives your website a platform to exist online. This creates more credibility for your business. Recent studies show that small businesses have a greater chance of succeeding if they get credibility with their prospective customers. It is imperative to point out that you gain more credibility by using domain specific emails. This can only be done with a premiere web hosting service.
Types of Web Hosting
When you are ready to host your company’s website on the Internet, your first step will be figuring out what type of web hosting you will buy. There are a few types of web hosting servers around today. Each has its pros and cons.
Shared hosting is the most affordable type of hosting. This is the main reason why it continues to grow in popularity as time progresses. Shared hosting is where you will be sharing a single server with many other customers. There could be up to one thousand people on a single server with the shared hosting. This may slow down your site’s speed, but you will be saving a significant amount of money.
VPS hosting (Virtual Private Server) is fast, scalable, and affordable. VPS hosting is split up into equal parts for each user on the primary server. Each user is given a certain amount of resources. This will help you avoid potential latency. With VPS hosting, you will be getting the best value for your dollar. This is why many businesses choose VPS hosting.
Cloud hosting is the new kid on the block. You may have heard of cloud in the past. It is the same as cloud hosting. Cloud hosting uses several servers to store data. Your website will not be affected if one server goes down. This makes it very easy for you to scale up because you can add more servers if you see more traffic going to your website. This is the main reason why Cloud has become extremely popular with business owners. Business owners also like Cloud because it is cheap and you only pay for what you use.
Experts continue to point out that dedicated hosting is the strongest server, you can get today. A dedicated server will give you an opportunity to have your own server in the rack. Dedicated hosting servers are extremely fast, and they are ideal for companies or sites that generate over one million page views a month. Dedicated hosting has better features, but it is more expensive. It normally starts at $100 per month. It is also important to point out that dedicated hosting can be customized.
5 Things to Remember When Choosing the Right Web Hosting:
There are many companies offering web hosting services. This can make it difficult to find the best hosting for your site. A solid guide to choose right hosting can help you find a suitable home for your business website. Let’s take a close look at a few things you should be aware of when it comes to finding exceptional hosting.
- You should make sure that the hosting space will be enough for your site, emails, files, and etc. One GB of data is ideal for most small businesses. Many hosting companies offer higher amounts of storage for less than ten dollars. A default WordPress install normally consumes about 10 MB of space.
2. Bandwidth is another feature that you should look out for. Bandwidth is the total amount of traffic allowed to your site each month. Some hosts offer unlimited bandwidth while others offer restricted bandwidth. In today’s times, it is not difficult to find a hosting provider that offer unlimited bandwidth.
3. The number of domains actually allowed on your own hosting account is one factor you cannot afford to overlook. It means the total number of websites you can have on your account. It is imperative for you to get a hosting package with unlimited domains and unlimited sub-domains.
4. ServerPilot and cPanel (cPanel is the most popular) are popular control panels for web hosting. These panels will make it easy for you to manage your site. These panels offer special tools like Joomla, WordPress, and other software with one click. These panels will also help you manage your emails, FTP Accounts, databases, and etc. Most hosting packages have cPanel, but you should always make certain that the prospective hosting company offers it.
5. Getting excellent customer service is rare in the hosting industry. You will need immediate help if you’re your site goes down. You will also need help if you are interested in getting add-ons. Search for companies that offer 24/7 phone and email support.
Wrapping It Up
A solid guide to choose the right web hosting can help you find a great company that will host your website. There are many great hosting companies, but you may choose the wrong one if you do not follow the pointers listed above. The pointers above will help you choose a hosting company that will be ideal for your website needs.
Despite many negative feedback, Godaddy continues to be a world learder in affordable web hosting.